Kori T

#1, Jan 22, 2012 10:00pm

That was wonderfully said Samantha.

Jon N

#2, Jan 23, 2012 12:02am

Agreed, I know he is happy with this.

#3, Jan 23, 2012 12:05am

Only a week ago, Jake posted this beautiful comment on my facebook page:

I have to do a critical analysis of 1 Clement for my theology class. Upon reading 1 Clement I came across chapter XLIX I immediately thought of you. "Love admits of no schisms; loves gives rise to no seditions; love does all things in harmony. By love have all the elect of God been made perfect; without love nothing is well-pleasing to God. In love has the Lord taken us to Himself. On account of the Love he bore us. Jesus Christ our Lord gave His blood for us by the will of God: His flesh for our flesh, and His soul for our souls."

#4, Jan 23, 2012 10:33am

Samantha, I'm so, so sorry for your painful loss!

You are right that the love between friends can be very great and deep and pure.  And when it is, it is like conjugal love in having an important gift character.

I'm thinking for instance of the love between David and Jonathon, or between Newman and Ambrose St. John.

Teresa Manidis

#5, Jan 23, 2012 7:52pm

Very sorry for the loss of a close friend.

You are right about admonishing us to keep in contact with loved ones, near and far.

Last year, I was very sick for six months (I was anointed, etc), and couldn't even walk for the space of six days. When I eventually did (fully) recover, I never wasted a day after that, physically, emotionally or spiritually - I never skipped a work-out (how could I, after not being able to even walk?); never missed an opportunity to encourage a family member, a friend, a stranger at the supermarket; never stopped to think before saying, 'I thank you,' 'I forgive you,' 'I love you.'  If an old friend said, absent-mindedly, 'You know, we should get together sometime,' my response was an immediate, 'How's Tuesday?'

So, the living can and do learn these (albeit extremely painful) lessons, and can eventually even draw good from them, and from the love we still bear our loved ones.

I will pray for your peace, yours and his.

#6, Feb 12, 2012 10:46pm

You and your dear friend are in my prayers!